top of page


Am I entitled to the Zadroga 9/11 Bill?

If you had WTC exposure with occupational injuries or occupational diseases from exposure to on-the-job hazards, you are entitled to the benefits provided by the James Zadroga 9/11 Health and Compensation Act. Call us now to find out more.

I was hurt at work. What do I do?

File a claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board using the C-3 form.

I was in the hospital after being injured at work. What do I do?

File a C-4 report with the workers’ compensation board.

 I went to the doctor after being injured at work. Do I have to pay the doctor?

NO. Make sure you give your doctor complete work history of the accident and have them file a C-4 report.

I’m not getting paid from my job after being injured at work. How do I get paid?

File a claim with the Workers’ Compensation Board using the C-3 form.

I already applied for Workers’ Compensation and I have a hearing date. What do I do?

Get copies of all doctors’ C-4 reports and bring them to the hearing.

Do I need an attorney at my hearing or can I represent myself?

You can appear at your hearing without an attorney, but it is best if you are represented by a lawyer, because your employer will have their insurance companies attorney at the hearing. The entire workers’ compensation process can be complex and confusing to people who are unfamiliar with its intricacies. An experienced lawyer who is familiar with the process is an invaluable resource.

I had a hearing and I did NOT get any money. Why not?

There could be many reasons that you did not receive compensation, such as:
     1. Your employer is fighting the case or
     2. You do not have proper medical reports

Your attorney will offer you advice about your specific case.

I lost my job because I was out of work after being injured on the job. Is my employer allowed to fire me in this situation?

YES. New York does NOT protect your job if you are out of work because of an injury. Your job may be protected if you are part of a union-negotiated contract.

Who do I have to tell I was injured on the job?

Your doctors, your supervisor at work, and the Workers’ Compensation Board. While you are not required to consult an attorney after a work injury, we strongly suggest that you do so.

FAQ: Legal Resources
bottom of page